No subject

Alexander Galembo galembo@psyc.queensu.ca
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 09:53:57 -0500

Hi,

I have two questions to everybody who can answer them:

1. I never heard wolftones in pianos, though they were mentioned in
literature. How they sound? In what range? What a pitch they have? Is there
any publications describing them?

2. Long time ago, some serious piano makers (such as Steinway, Baldwin,
Yamaha etc.) were conducting and using acoustical research of pianos. Now ,
as I know, Steinway and Baldwin do not.
Which piano firms in the world are making or supporting acoustical research
presently?

Thank you

Alex

Alexander Galembo, Ph. D.
NSERC-NATO Science fellow
Acoustics lab, Dept. of Psychology, Queen's University
Kingston ON  K7L3N6
Canada

Tel. (613) 5456000, ext. 5754
Fax (613) 5452499