University Sails

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 06:07:26 +0000

Dan M. Hallett Jr. wrote:

> Dear List:
> I cannot help but ask these questions (with tongue firmly in cheek):)
> 1) Which University is sailing?
> 2) What is its destination?
> 3) When is its date of departure?
>
> Dan Hallett, Jr. RPT
> Hallett's Piano Service
> dhalle@toolcity.net

This university tech sailed his Pearson 30 accross Lake Michigan last
summer, this summer I plan on Lake Hurons' North Channel.  I haven't
figured out though a way to do it on university time.  I did think about
chartering and sleeping on a boat at Providence.  I suspect the cost
would be around $125. a day.  (Newport RI is a big sailing center).  I
don't know how well the university would swallow paying for this though.
-Mike Jorgensen.