Grant Proposal--off topic

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 12:38:26 +0000

The sad part is-- it would probably work!  When the press grouses
about what Congress spends on itself, they filter out a gnat and gulp
down a camel. They ough to take a much closer look at higher ed!
Salaries for some are more than the President of the United States. When
money gets tight in these little kingdoms, it's always the unknown hard
working people who go. Any US President who proudly calls himself "an
education president" doesn't know much about edu.
   I predict universities as we know them will go the way of the
passenger train as more  people get their degrees via the internet.
Interestingly, studio music might be one of few subjects to survive
because it won't work via distance learning.
-Mike Jorgensen