Deagan

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 09:41:59 -0600 (CST)

>...What you're looking for is information re: Deagan's name for a
>Vibra-Phone.

I came across one yesterday tuning for a revival...stamped on the lowest
bar was Vibra-Harp No. 85.  Customer says it is pre-war model.  He used to
be part of a gospel group that traveled the US.  Doesn't use it much
anymore.  I offered to buy it.  He said he consider.

>...Between the tuning and the "hetrodyne"-like
>effect of the rotating "fans" mounted at the top of the resonators tubes,
>the effect was/is incredible...

This one works pretty well.  You mention tuning.  How is that done?  The A
bar was very close after all these years...+1.6 cents.

Thanks for the rest of the info you provided, Horace.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731