batteries (VTD)

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sun, 08 Mar 1998 20:33:05 -0600

Hi Owen,

Battery Power and RCT:

The charge time for the batteries (Nickel Metal Hydride) are a little over
the time for a tuning and pitch raise. So if you find the power going down
then plug in and charge. I personally carry a spare fully charged battery as
well as the power adapter.

At 03:53 PM 3/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 14:14:28
>>To: majordomo@ptg.org
>>From: "Owen J Greyling, RPT" <greyco@adan.kingston.net>
>>Subject: batteries (VTD)
>>
>>>Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 09:04:30
>>>To: Pianotech
>>>From: "Owen J Greyling, RPT" <greyco@adan.kingston.net>
>>>Subject: batteries (VTD)
>>>
>>>Dear List,
>>>     The information and knowlege that I have gleaned from this list, in
>the last two years has been nothing short of incredible. Thank you to all
>who share so often, and so freely from many and varied experiences.
>>>     I am considering the purchase of a VTD. I am very interested in the
>Sanderson Accu-Tuner, and/or the Reyburn CyberTuner. As the new version of
>the SAT is not yet available, I have a few weeks to make up my mind. Reading
>the article in the Jan 97 Journal, on the RCT, I can't possibly find
>anything to complain about concerning the usefullness of this VTD. My only
>concern would be with the power limitations of any lap-top computer. How do
>those of you who use an RCT every day, deal with the short charge battery? I
>know with my cell phone, I need to often charge in the car, on my way home
>after a full day, so my phone still works. Does this seem to be a problem
>with the RCT. This is not intended as a criticism, I simply want to know how
>other professionals, doing a full days work, cope with this.
>>>                                Thankyou, Owen.

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com