Confused

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:48:45 EST

<<Can anyone tell me how a private posting  to an individual who just
happens to subscribe to this list shows up on this list?>>

Bob;
 When a post arrives in  your mail box via a list ,in this instance pianotech,
the "sender" is pianotech although the "originator" is somone else, such as
Howard.
When you just hit the "reply" button, you are replying to the "sender" as well
as the "originator" who is now just one more addressee among the many
subscribed to the list. In order to reply to an "originator" of a message sent
through the list you must use the "originators" address 'only' and not the
reply button.
  And Bob, remember, I said that I didn't believe all those stories about his
pet anyway :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)