Dampp chasers

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 14:57:49 -0600 (CST)

>...I added water 2 weeks ago and also changed the pads.  The low water
>light came
>on in only 2 weeks!  I would like to deduce that changing the pads enabled the
>water to wick up to the heater bar more efficiently.  Perhaps my piano was
>"water deprived" all winter-long!  Any comments?...
>Karen Johnson
>Rochester, MN

Minimum recommendations are to have your system serviced every six months.
Sometimes, that just isn't enough during the drier seasons.  Change the
pads (when budget permits) as often as necessary, especially when you
discover the crusty, stiffness, discoloration starting to show its face on
top of the heater bar.

Anything that impedes wicking reduces the effectiveness of the humidifier
part of the system.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician