Cristofori

Anne Beetem abeetem@wizard.net
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:05:26 -0500

 Last year david
>Sutherland (Ann Arbor, MI) made a Cristofori replica which confirms its
>original qualities were quite impressive, especially in Scarlatt, Soler,
>other Ital. repertoire etc.  Not the thin weedy sound of the Met
>Cristofori is its present condition...but dynamic, alive sound.

Indeed!   The volume is much more than I believe even David expected, no
puny thin sound at all, but rich, precise, expressive, and a total delight.

Elaine Funaro is making a CD of the Ital. /Scarlatti repertoire on David's
instrument.

By the way Stephen, love your expression "up the spout".

Best,   Anne

Anne Beetem
Harpsichords & Historic Pianos
2070 Bingham Ct.