Tinned wire

Tue, 10 Mar 1998 18:11:08 -0800

Lance,

There is a _very_ outside chance that I still have some of this
stuff left.  Let me know what your needs are.

FYI, it was massively pushed when it was first introduced.  Many
folks (including yours, truly) bought a _very great deal_ of it -
only to discover that it had several shortfalls, the most obvious
of which was sounding like the bottom layer of paper in a cat box.

However, like those nasty old Teflon bushings of yesteryear,
there are some pianos for which it is the _perfect_ wire.  It's the
only thing that will stand up (at all) to life _at_ the Pacific Coast.
(Which, by the way, hasn't been, recently.)

Drop me a line, I'll see what I can dig up.

Best.

Horace

At 09:36 AM 3/10/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Lance:
>
>Pacific Piano Supply is selling off their remaining supply of said wire
>in 5 lb coils. They may have you size 3.
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.
>
>On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Lance Lafargue wrote:
>
>> Years ago I stocked up on tinned wire.  I have since heard that the
>> "coating" comes off sometimes and that the tinned wire is not as good as
>> regular Roslau.  I am running low on a couple of sizes, but I am reluctant
>> to reorder.  I have a pound of all sizes but maybe 3.  Should I chunk what
>> I have and switch back to regular Roslau???  Thanks!
>> Lance Lafargue, RPT
>> New Orleans Chapter
>> Covington, LA.
>> lafargue@iamerica.net