Chris Olson <dreemer@crl.com> message

Alexander Galembo galembo@psyc.queensu.ca
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:03:56 -0500

At 03:32 PM 3/10/98 -0800, Chris Olson wrote:
>I was also at this seminar with Rob and a couple of other nice folks and I
>agree with him about the factory tour...also got to hear first hand the
>Steinway explanation of why they use so much lacquer in their hammers and
>their voicing techniques.  It makes sense now.

It would be interesting to know about their explanations. And, if possible,
about the difference between NY Steinway and Hamburg Steinway hammers.

Alex
Alexander Galembo, Ph. D.
NSERC-NATO Science fellow
Acoustics lab, Dept. of Psychology, Queen's University
Kingston ON  K7L3N6
Canada

Tel. (613) 5456000, ext. 5754
Fax (613) 5452499