cents to cps .... need help.

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:59:51 +0000

Hello David and List,
    I for one would be greatly blessed to have a better understanding of
geometry, weight ratios, cpin tightness, regulating, etc. particularly
on Steinways.  At Dearborn, LaRoy Edwards questioned his class,  "When
you decrease the blow distance, what happens to repetition?"  No one
knew!!!, and I learned two things.
     I'm totally interested in anything relating to repetition and what
could be done to improve it.  A few years back, I devoured Ken Sloans'
articles on Backchecks and extending Steinway hammer Tails and hammers
caught below the hammer line, etc.  If anyone wants to write more of
their own knowledge and experiences in this area I'll sure be reading!!!
-Mike Jorgensen