Weighty Problem

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:06:02 -0600

I saw a guy (name?) from Wurlitzer/Baldwin with a tool (basically just a
lever out of 1/2" flat bar) ) he had specially made to bend the action
posts to adjust touchweight.  It basically bent the post (those posts that
are a little larger than a tuning pin) at it's base.  It was quick and
amazing.  My problem that I had with the U-1 and many other uprights is
that the post is often not bendable for one reason or another, so you have
to either move it's location entirely (unscrewing, redrilling, whatever it
takes), or add weight..Which I did on the U-1........
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net