naptha, etc.

robert sadowski rls@ncinter.net
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 14:23:45 -0500

>In a message dated 3/12/98 7:48:53 AM, hsrosen@emi.net wrote:
>
><<"I am not sure about naptha and mineral spirits being the same. I *think*
>they are different and I am hoping that you will clear this point up for
>me.">>

Howard,
    Just two more cents to add.  Naphtha is indeed explosive.  Napalm is
jellied naphtha and if you check the contents of most octane enhancers,
you'll find it in there also.  On the scale of cold to hot, mineral spirits
are on the low end of the solvent scale, naphtha somewhere in the middle,
Lacquer thinner and Xylol on the upper end.

Regards,
Bob Sadowski
Erie, PA.