SAT-Storage Help

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 14:17:22 -0600

Avery Todd wrote:

>SAT users,
>
>   I'm getting ready to store our master tuning for the PTG tuning test
>into my SAT. I'm still new at using this and I just don't understand, for
>sure, how to set up the note/octave display to store the tuning.
>   For example, I want to store C-1. When the master was read, it was read
>on octave 3, so when I store the master into the SAT should the note/octave
>display read C-1 or C-3? I hope I'm being clear here.
>   A related question I suppose is when storing a tuning from the piano,
>how does one determine what settings to use?
>   I guess this is one of those "can't see the forest for the trees" type
>of thing, but the piano is being used for a test this weekend. Since it
>needs to be tuned anyway, I want to go ahead and put the master tuning on
>it.
>   A quick answer would really help. Thanks.
>
>Avery

Hi Avery,

It makes a difference whether your SAT has the built-in PTG exam scoring
program or not.
I guess I will assume that you are using an SAT with the scoring program.

If the SAT has the scoring program, then the master tuning is stored on
the SUP page found by paging _down_ from 0.  The SUP page does not allow
notes to be stored at anything other than the correct partials.  Simple
as that.  If you are in Memory mode and on the right note to be stored,
then the partial will be correct.

But to answer your question about what note the SAT should be displaying
when you store the note:  If you go to the SUP page, you will first be in
Memory mode which displays the name of the note to be stored.  You can
toggle into "Tune" mode by pressing the Tune button at the upper right
corner;  this will display the note of the partial that is being read.
You can toggle back into Memory mode by pressing the MEM button at the
upper left, but when you store the note by pressing SHIFT-STO you will
automatically be taken to MEM mode.  Toggle back and forth a few times
and you will get the idea.

Kent Swafford