Yamaha hammer butt loops(cont)

Pianotoone Pianotoone@aol.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:49:39 EST

<< Dick,

 Is this what you would charge a dealer? I have been charging approximately
 50% of what I would get on the outside. Knowing that I could cut down the
 time to about 4 to 5 hr. does this seem fair? I most certainly would have
 just replaced the flanges if I had the time to order the parts and wait for
 them. But I also think that the cord I used will outlast the factory cord.

 Regards,
 Greg Torres >>

Actually, I think I misunderstood your post.  If this was the first time you
did the procedure you should probably figure that eventually you will be able
to do it in half the time and charge accordingly.  Unless I have a special
deal with a retailer, they pay same price as anyone else.

Incidentally PTG has a neat little book by Newton Hunt on how long various
types of piano jobs should take.  Simply multiply his time by your hourly
rate.

I cannot recommend this book too highly.  Pricing is always a problem when
your just starting out.

Good Luck.

Dick Day
Marshall MI