Addendum to Weighty Problem

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:13:50 -0500

Keith,

I've found through my studies and experience through the many techs that I
work with that the problem with teflon actions is not so much the teflon but
of the key ratios that they tended to make during that period which created
strike weight ratios consistantly well above 6.3.  Part of our service is to
routinely set the capstan/heel lines to make a spec strike weight ratio of
5.3 to 5.5 (Hamburg emulation) and they play wonderfully.  Teflon parts are
fine if they are not worn out.