HT's (RE:Susan Kline's post)

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:14:02 -0800

Dear Susan,

Bravo! Amen!

You have pretty much nailed it on the head. You have said very eloquently what I
have been trying to say all along regarding HT's.

There is definitely a time and place for them but I have grown to appreciate ET
simply because it opens up so many musical possibilities with much freedom. While
ET is a compromise (as is any temperament) it is still a beautiful design,
allowing much chordal and tonal freedom. While I can appreciate that other
temperaments offer
a more pure tonal harmony in certain keys/chords the fact is that the other keys
or intervals suffer horribly, and for me, being able to play a wide variety of
music from different eras makes ET the best choice. JMHO

Regards,
Greg Torres

Susan Kline wrote: (Major Snips)