"Reverse Well"?

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 15:06:42 -0600 (CST)

>...Bill Bremmer described at one point awhile back how this "Reverse Well"
>pattern comes about. As I remember, it comes from tuning a fourths and
>fifths temperament without checks, finding oneself with a fairly gross
>error in the last interval, and then haring back along one's track,
>leaving a dab of it here and a dab there, till it all disappears.
>
>This sounds to me like something only a rank beginner would have to do...
>
>Susan Kline

Yikes, Susan.

Then I am definitely a rank beginner, at least when I tune aurally.  I just
use fifths and octaves with no checks.  Except I don't back up leaving a
dab here and a dab there.  I just keep running through from the beginning
squeezing out a little here, a little there.  Eventually all the kinks are
gone.  Works great, sounds great.

I do hope you will consider me as having a very active imagination and not
as a person who is not too-well trained.  <big grin>

Keith McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731