HT's (Ad Nauseum)

Billbrpt Billbrpt@aol.com
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:16:01 EST

<< At the moment, my wife is playing Schumann (Blumenstuck op 19 in Ab
 major). It sounds offal, I mean awful. All of the tones having equal value
seems to put the temperament in a bad light. The key of Ab in Vlotti-Young
requires some major finessing by the pianist.  >>

Just curious, does your wife have the same opinion of the sound as you do?
You are right when you say that the music must be played differently than it
is when tuned in ET.  The faster beating that you hear which disturbs you can
and should become that which gives stregnth and character to the music.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin