Epoxy vs CA

Bob Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:57:08 -0700

I recently had an experience in which I glued a broken key button with
CA. I clamped it and left it for 30 minutes while I did other repairs.
The glue joint failed immediately. I started again with Titebond. The
joint held after I had finished my other work. I attributed the CA
failure to the fact that I had run out of accelerator. I seem to have
observed CA failure without accelerator on a variety of occasions. I
haven't noticed enough about the particular conditions to explain the
difference.

Bob Anderson