turn of the century, 1900

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:24:22 EST

List;
 I tuned for a gentleman this morning, and he told me his Grandfather was a
tuner in Florida also.  My customer showed me a business card that his
grandfather had used and I thought it interesting enough to share with y'all.
-------------------------
 The front of the card had  his Grandfathers name and in the lower left hand
corner was:
"Associated With
Herbert Lattner
Distributor
W.W. Kimball"

The back of the card had the following:
  A PIANO is a delicate and valuable instrument, and its care should be
intrusted only to an expert.  Piano tuning and repair, if done well, saves
your Piano.
  Please remember I have taken a complete course in Piano Tuning, Voicing and
Action Regulating, and hold a diploma from the largest and best School of
Piano Tuning in the world, and that I guarantee perfectly finished work in
every case, at the lowest charge consisitent with the best workmanship.
  This customers Grandfather practiced his trade in Missouri and middle
Florida from 1880 until 1920.  Just thought it was interesting enough to
share.
Jim Bryant (FL)