Kimball Clicks

Philip Jamison mortier@netreach.net
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:56:43 -0800

  I'm working on a Kimball La Petite grand (about 8 years old) with a
Pratt-Read MU7 action. This is a compact (ie; cheap) action with a
clicking problem. Instead of a jack regulating button, this action has
just a screw resting on a neoprene square glued to the whippen. Over
time, the thin screw sinks into the neoprene. This throws off the
jack-to-knuckle alignment and causes a loud click when the jack pops out
of this depression. This occurs on every note. I can pull off the
neoperen and reverse it, but expect the same problem again. There seems
to be no room for a button on the regulating screw. Anyone have any
ideas?

Philip Jamison
West Chester, PA