HT's (Ad Nauseum)

Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:19:45 -0800

Les,

As a fine, upstanding son of the soil, I'm sure you know
whereof  you speak.

Just for the sake of morning clarity, however, you do know
how many Irishmen it takes to change a light bulb, do you not?

Why, 10, of course!

One to hold the light bulb.

And, 9 to drink until the room is spinning!

Now, if I can just figure out where Jim hides the beloved
branchwater...

Cheers!

Horace

At 01:20 AM 3/19/1998 -0500, you wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, ralph m martin wrote:
>
>> Les
>> Jim and I have been noticing for quite some time, your flagrant use of
>> common sense. Time and time again you are guilty of displaying this
>> wretched behavior.
>> We say,"to hell with the pianist...we give him a weird tuning and it is
>> his responsibility
>> to make it sound normal"
>>
>> Any further display of common sense will result in your being forced to
>> listen to Irish folk music day and night for a period of six weeks.
>>
>> Consider yourself warned!!!
>>
>Have you ever noticed how, when Irish folk music is being played, every-
>one listening is always boozing it up, big-time? At first I couldn't
>figure it out but then it dawned on me: some music and drinking are just
>MADE for one another, they naturally go together. For me it works this
>way. First, when I start out listening, the music usually doesn't sound
>too good. But then, after a couple of drinks, I find that it starts
>sounding better. And so it goes--the more I drink, the better and better
>the music  sounds, until finally-- just as it starts to sound REALLY
>GREAT--I pass out cold. :(
>
>I mention this because if I should accidentally express a common sensical
>idea in some future post, I'm prepared to pay the price. I think I could
>probably endure the two of you singing Irish folk songs night and day for
>six weeks straight IF I had enough to drink. HOWEVER, you should be aware
>that the more I listen to Irish music , and the more I drink, and the
>better it starts to sound to me, the more inclined I am to JOIN IN! In
>which case, you'll want to make sure that YOU'VE been drinking right
>along with me!
>
>Now YOU have been warned! :-)
>
>Les Smith

Horace Greeley, CNA, MCP, RPT