A challenge for CA glue.

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:06:32 EST

Bill,

If you are to experiment on this piano then I would use thin CA and NO
accelerator.  Buy extra tips and maybe the long tip type. If you could back
the pins out a bit it would help but this will greatly add to your time.
Fumes will knock you out so ventilate well.  I would not drop water in the
hole after.  It sounds as if this will not hurt and may possibly help.  Let
all us know how it comes out so we don't have to endure the smell and drain
bamage.

Ed Tomlinson
CA groupy

<< I wish I knew this was coming up, for I would try water thin epoxy, but no
 time to get that now. I would like to know how thick the CA should be, how
 many grams or ounces might be needed, waiting times,  - ANYTHING that would
 help.  Also, IS THIS LIKELY TO WORK? - I will report to the list, because if
 CA works in this piano it should work anywhere. Is the CA likely to work as
 well as an epoxy treatment? For this much CA glue the fumes will be awesome.
 Anything to do there besides ventilation? Should I drop a drop of water into
 the holes after the CA glue? - What about accelerators?

 Please feel free to e-mail me directly, but I will be anxiously watching the
 list. If it doesn't work right away I would still have  time to burn down the
 building and save the ladies from grievous embarrassment.

 Thanks,
 Bill Simon >>