HT's

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:40:14 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Tom Cole wrote:

> Les Smith wrote:
> >

> > The pianist and the music he is playing are the
> > masters, the temperament/tuning (and the TUNER) are servants to both. To
> > try to maintain otherwise, is--like the slogan of a well-known insurance
> > company--essentially just another piece of the (c)rock.
> >
> > Les Smith
>
> Les,
>
> You're right. My thinking was just not prudential. My wife, reading over
> my shoulder, says, "Yeah, so are you going to put it back now or do I go
> find your tuning hammer?"
>
> Tom

Nicer play on prudential, Tom! It's always been my belief that we're in a
service business and that if we want to prosper and grow, our job is to
please our customers by giving them what they want. As someone recently
quoted the "Duke": If it sounds good, it IS good. Likewise, if it doesn't
sound good, it ISN'T good. Who should decide? Why the person who owns the
piano, does the playing and SIGNS THE CHECK, of course. The ONLY exception
to the latter is if the pianist happens to be your wife, in which case--
check, or no check--ya gotta keep her happy. At least that's always been
the most "prudential" course of action in MY house. :)

All the best,

Les Smith