Another tuning theme

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 21:01:31 -0600

Ralph you forgot to tune the F3.   The F--A < F--D test being so ingenious
(because F doesn't need to be tuned) (the F is also used to prove the
A4--A3 with the source)  I just had to improve on it.  Why not make the
F--A almost beatless (temporarly tuning the F )  Then the F--D rate is
easily determined if it is beating faster.  You would think, but it
doesn't work, and the reason is (IMHO) why ET is so successful today.

But for the G--B = F--D, the F has to be re-tuned to the D first.  But
that's hard to do because no matter where you tune the F, the F--A will
always be slower than the F--D.  .