"Re-Chickering 1883-help"

Daleboy Daleboy@aol.com
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 08:56:31 EST

Dear Lance and list,
        I haven't followed the original post very closely but, IMHO it sounds
like this piano is a candidate for a new board. With the waves in the surface,
substantial bridge repair and assorted customizing (rib removal)......my
experience tells me that if you attempt to "refurbish" this worn out board you
will leave your customer GREATLY less than enthused with the results of the
job and perhaps leave you "holding the bag". Having to re-rebuild a piano that
should have had a new board in the first place is not a place you want to gain
experience from, not to mention what your reputation would have to endure.
         I don't know how far along with this project you are but I would
seriously consider trying to convince your client to go with a new board. Hope
this helps your decision making.

Regards,
Dale Whitehead, RPT
Franklin Piano Restorations