felt glueing question

PNOTNR PNOTNR@aol.com
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 19:21:49 EST

Hello again list,

I'm replacing the felt on the bottom of the stickers on an old upright action,
but I'm not having much luck getting them all to come out the same.  The felt
is glued at the front and back of the sticker, leaving the bottom unglued.  (I
assume, to prevent noise)

I glued one end of the felt into the notch in the front of the sticker, and
when it dried, I began attaching the other end.  Trouble is, I can't get even
wraps around the corners.  Some end up with fairly tight corners, but others
are rounded.  So I expect lost motion will be in constant change, until the
capstan squashes it.

I tried ironing the felt around the corners, with a little success, but things
are still inconsistant.  (BTW, I've been using hide glue and clothes pins to
glue and clamp)

Anyone got a better idea?  Thanks in advance.

Gordon Large, RPT
Mt. Vernon, Maine