Nothing too Deep

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 23:07:34 EST

>Thanks for your reply. Was this piano an import, or an older U.S. market
>piano?
>Have loose pins been reported on this list frequently on 20-year-old Yahama
>grands (both Japan market and U.S. market)?

This was an imported Japanese piano. There have been cases of loose pins in
other Japanese pianos, but then, as was  indicated on the list, there also
have been some good imported Japanese  pianos. Unfortunately, because you
can't be sure what will happen when you buy the piano, I would tend to shy
away from them.

Willem Blees