Another tuning theme

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:33:10 -0600

Ralph
	That's an excellent proof, three thirds against a sixth. The A# as the
fourth to F cements it in.  I usually think of Bb going with F so it took
a while to see, yet A# --D is clear as day. .  Between the 6th F--D are
two thirds that are slower, and the next G#--C is a little bit (.4)
faster, than the sixth.. If any of these thirds are off, something is
wrong between F and D.
	I think I will try that in my ET scheme, where I set the four thirds
first thing after the two A's. (F--A--C#--F--A440.) Then tune the D to
both A's and the F3. Then the Bb (A#) must fit to the F's and make a good
third with the D, and is next to the A--C# already tuned.  Now it looks
like C is next as a 5th of F and a 6th down from A,and E the fourth and
fifth of the A's wanting to become C's 3rd. Ab also is begging to be a
third down from C and to do the B--Eb third next, voila, six successive
thirds.  .

Richard Moody
ps I like the proof of fifths also, especially over 100.  Just a wee test
mind ye lad.