twangy ... again!

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:16:16 -0700

>  I had this problem with another piano, and all of you were so kind to
>offer suggestions about how to deal with a twangy sound.  No I have it
>again, on another piano, but this piano has been a problem in one way or
>another for quite a while.
>   Yamaha grand, owned by church.  The player really hits it!  It needs
>tuning often, but the worst part is that she complains about the sound of
>certain notes... not always the same notes.

Sounds like it needs all of the strings tapped back down at the bridge pins.
The twangyness might be cured by leveling the strings or filing the hammers
(or both) so that the hammer hits all 3 strings at exactly the same time.

You will want to do this BEFORE you tune it because it will be thrown WAY
out of tune when you do.

Glenn.