smoke damaged pianos, reply

A440A A440A@aol.com
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:48:10 EST

Wim writes:
<<When you are dealing with a $80,000 instrument, the customer has the right
<<demand that it be put back to its original condition.

      Yes, but no more right than the customer with a $2,000 console.

>Blowing out the dust
>with an aircompressor is not the same as cleaning everything from top to
>bottom. Perhpas you have never worked with plaster dust. This stuff is nasty.

     Hmm.  I worked with plaster dust far more than I wanted to, and yes, it
is unpleasant,but no more so than many other airborne particles.  It is inert,
and I also don't see why a piano would have to be destrung to be cleaned.  ???
Regards,
Ed Foote