twangy ... again!

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:09:04 +0000

I recently serviced a G3 on which the customer was complaining about 2
or 3 notes. Some of the things I found:
1) Regulation problem - adjusted let-off
2) String not seated on bridge pins
3) Sympathetic over-ring on undamped strings in high treble
4) Hammer not hitting string squarely - level strings, file hammer or
burn hammer shank (for those in the Dallas chapter:  "thermally assisted
hammer rotation).
5) Unison out of tune
6) Needled hammer.

--