Roaming pianos(institutional)

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:37:15 -0500

List,

Like a misguided social program, that attempts to cure deficiencies in
human nature by legislative and monetary means, all of the suggestions this
list has provided for keeping a piano and its parts in one place are
totally off the mark and doomed to costly failure.

The problem is not the piano or its casters or how it is anchored to the
wall, floor or structural members of the building.  The problem is people.
The only way to solve the problem is to convince people to behave as they
should.  Since their mothers obviously did not, stern measures are
required.  I suggest Singapore as a model.  A dozen raps on the bare butt
with a bamboo cane would quite probably solve the problem.  For the
parents, administrators and politicians who contributed greatly to the
problem in the first place, and who might protest this procedure, I suggest
two dozen raps.

I bet pianos in China stay where they're put.

Frank Weston