How do I find these things? (was vintage Steinway)

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:08:42 -0600 (CST)

>...Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase these rails
>and what general procedure I might use to install them?  I called
>Steinway today and they never returned my call.  Is there anyplace
>else that I might find them?

Susan Graham, August 1983, page 19
Steinway Grand, Replacing the core of the hammer flange rail

>         BTW, I remember someone posting a comment about, is it
>(Gloria?), at Steinway.  They said that she was always so pleasant
>and kind.  Are we talking about the same person here?  Perhaps the
>comment was tongue in cheek.  Each time I've called lately she just
>seemed to be annoyed.   I promise ,I was nothing but kind to her...
>   Greg Newell

The way I see it...it's a New York thing.  Either a person figures it out
or they don't.  Once a person learns that, they're half-way home to
understanding how to do business with Steinway.  Glorie LeFrak is the best!
BTW: Having an account with Steinway can be a plus for better
communication.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician