Fast damper help

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:09:52 +0000

> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Date:          Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:48:10 -0600
> Subject:       Fast damper help
> From:          aa9pz@juno.com (David Gordon)

I assume (oh, oh) that you are talking about the bass dampers
being too short?  To test, dampen the bass strings with a
wooden stick/felt or your arm.  Does the dampening improve?
Replace the bass dampers with 2 &3/8" dampers (you may have to
make them).  Read Bill Spurlocks articles in the PTJournal about
upright damper replacement.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA