tech fees

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:39:59 -0500

Don wrote:
> So what does everyone charge per hour? And please don't say as much as the
> traffic will bear!

It was not my intention to to start talking about prices for two
reasons.

1)  There are legal ramifications.  Something about being
anticompetitive by trying to influence others which can look like price
fixing.

2)  Remember 76 trombones:  ".....but he doesn't know the territory."?
My piano service market, and the niche that I have carved out of it, is
bound to be very different from yours.

There may also differences between shop rates and field rates, and
certainly differences between gross and net.

Look to your needs, your costs, your value to your clients, and to
comparable professions.  The last place to look is to your
competition.... something about the deaf leading the deaf.