Bushings

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:16:56 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jim:

When I was at the Conn Co. with Charles Walter, we tried some experiments
with various plastic and cotton filled phenolic resins as plate inserts
in lieu of pinblocks. The results were that the feel of the pins was very
good, but the torque did not hold up as well as hard maple blocks do.
This was after high and low humidity and temperature tests. Also the expense
was greater. Nothing beats maple when properly cured, drilled, and pneumatic
pin insertion (forget the heavy hammers -- many light strokes are better).

Jim Coleman, Sr.