FLYING PIANOS!!!!

Roger Jolly baldyam@sympatico.ca
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:34:27 -0800

Robert Goodale wrote:
Hi Robert,
          This Gentleman cannot claim to have started the piano smashing
club. In the mid 60's we have an annual gala event at university,
involving pianos.
 Each college was resposible for finding it's own sutiable vertical
piano, on the the great day they were lined up on the sports field.
 Several well used Austin Mini tyre's were suspended and fixed to a
scaffold.
 All parts of the afore said INSTRUMENT had to be passed through the one
foot diameter hole of the tyre and be carried to the finish line.
 One 14lb sledge hammer was alloted per team. As was one keg of beer.
 It was permissable to try and steal either the Keg or the hammer.
 A great fund raiser for worth while causes.
This was my very first brush with piano technology.
Regards Roger>