Well, They Are Called 'Squids'

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:06:10 EST

The following is an exchange between Canadian and US Maritime Authorities but
it just as well could be an exchange between proponents of HT vs ET or vice
versa Huh? :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)

<<This is a transcript of a radio conversation between  US and
Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in
October,1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval
Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees the North to
avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to
the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again,
divert YOUR  course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN,
THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES'
ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED  BY THREE
DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS
SUPPORT VESSELS. I  DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR
COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES
NORTH, OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN
TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF  THIS  SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.>>