re-bushing action brackets

Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:44:39 -0800

Vanderhoofven wrote:

> Once the holes have been rebushed, how do you keep the cloth from coming
> back out?  What do you use to glue the cloth to the metal?  I haven't been
> able to find anything that will hold.
>
> Sincerely,
> David

Fit the (woven bushing) cloth to the hole, much like you would for a flange bushing. The
joint goes toward the back of the piano, not the top or bottom. Coat the felt with PVC-E
or melamine and pull it through. Leave a "tail" about 10 to 15 mm long on the side that
the rod will be on and glue it back to the bracket. (Prevents the rod from rubbing against
the bracket and making a whole bunch of noise. While the glue is still somewhat wet, push
a pin of the correct size into the bushing and leave it there until the glue is dry. You
may need to devise a clamp to hold the tail against the bracket. Don't clamp it very
tight, just enough to hold it. You'll know after the first one. Should work just fine.

-- ddf