Varnishing new tuning pins

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:26:32 -0600

I'm getting ready to do my first re-stringing job and am putting in new
pins. As suggested by many on this list, I plan on swabbing the holes
with varnish before inserting the new pins, and would appreciate some
input on what kind of varnish. I looked at my local homecenter
yesterday, and there's all kinds: oil based, water based, poly-whatever,
etc. They did have one kind of "Satin Spar Varnish". The more specific
the better (being the type that agonizes over such things).

Thanks.
--
Jerry Hunt
Dallas, TX