aftertouch/front rail punchings

dpitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 00:25:01 -0700

Del, when you mentioned that the key level must be exact, do you level
the sharps to the naturals, using a specified height that the sharps are
to be higher at rest than the naturals?
Or are we speaking of even key level measured behind the sharps, all
keys the same height as measurement with a straight edge.  Maybe there
is a 3rd way key leveling can be accomplished.  I would love to hear
what different ways there are for different technicians.

On your comment not being able to feel small differences in aftertouch,
all else in the action being correct, I disagree.  I'm not that good of
a performer, but even I can tell when playing + - 0.005.  Am I alone
here in picking these differences up?