Key level puzzle

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:44:31 +0000

Hi Gary,
    EEEK! Are you telling us that the bottoms of the keys are above the
keyslip?  Is the balance rail pushed up by something?  Has the
case/keybed structure shifted drastically down somehow on its outward
end with respect to the rest of the piano?   Assuming the action
position is correct and if no obvious shift or brokeness is visible,
check the angle of the key with respect to the action comparing it with
the good end inorder to insure whether the problem is key dip or key
height.
Just some thoughts.
-Mike Jorgensen RPT