Key level puzzle

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 20:35:39 -0500

Dear Gary,

This is indeed a puzzle.

Damage there may or may not be, but I would have a hard look at the back
of the piano for warpage and I would have a good hard look at the key
bed, cheek arms, toes, if it has them, or the level of the casters.

If the casters are not level on a firm floor (not carpeting) and if
there is a bend in the back of the piano you have warpage from tension
and maybe from a broken or bad glue joint.

if one cheek arm is lower than the other then chekc the screws that hold
it in place.

Look, test, think and look again.  When you find the exact cause of the
problem the most likely fix will also come to mind.

	Newton
	New Jersey, USA
	nhunt@jagat.com