Mason & Hamlin BB

Chuck Bell cwbell@uss.net
Sun, 03 May 1998 19:16:08 -0500

List,
    I was recently told by a reliable dealer who attended the NAMM show that he heard the
new BB's have had one of their bridges repositioned in addition to one or two other small
changes.  I interrupted him to mention that I had recently played one and that it sounded
like a different piano as I crossed the tenor break.  He said that I had just taken the
words from him; that's exactly what he was going to say.
    Has anyone observed this?  Is there any truth to the comments about some slight design
changes having been made to the BB?
Chuck Bell, Associate member