sue the postal service

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 15 May 1998 07:14:12

Dear James,

While I can imagine how frustrated you are feeling, the big mail-handling
machines are here to stay, I'm afraid. I've had friends who worked for the
postal service, and their life is not a bed of roses, I can assure you.

In your place, I'd try again: get a little envelope with a bubble-wrap
lining (K-mart or any stationery shop should have them), put the elbow on a
business card (or slightly larger piece of cardboard) in it, and pay the
postage at the counter, so it won't need cancelling at all.

It'll get there all right, I should think.

Susan
At 07:49 PM 5/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Monday I told the lady how to install a snap on plastic elbow I would
>send her in the mail.  I showed her in great detail how to do it and I told
>her when she got it I would guide her through it while on the phone with
>me.  I scotch taped 1 plastic elbow on the back of one of my bus. card with
>2 pieces of tape.  I carefully printed on the front,"PLEASE HAND CANCEL" of
>the envelope.
>Today she calls me and says she got the envelope, bus card with tape
>attached, no elbow and the envelope looked like it was run over by a truck.
>These are the things that drive you crazy about the government employees
>and government in general.
>James Grebe
>R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
>pianoman@inlink.com
>Competency is being able to do what you claim to be able to
>do...consistently.    Competency Rules

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"I'm glad there are at least some things somewhere that I don't have to do
today."
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant