sue the postal service

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Fri, 15 May 1998 14:04:19 -0400

Susan Kline wrote:

> Dear James,
>
> While I can imagine how frustrated you are feeling, the big mail-handling
> machines are here to stay, I'm afraid. I've had friends who worked for the
> postal service, and their life is not a bed of roses, I can assure you.
>
> In your place, I'd try again: get a little envelope with a bubble-wrap
> lining (K-mart or any stationery shop should have them), put the elbow on a
> business card (or slightly larger piece of cardboard) in it, and pay the
> postage at the counter, so it won't need cancelling at all.
>
> It'll get there all right, I should think.
>
> Susan
> At 07:49 PM 5/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >On Monday I told the lady how to install a snap on plastic elbow I would
> >send her in the mail.  I showed her in great detail how to do it and I told
> >her when she got it I would guide her through it while on the phone with
> >me.  I scotch taped 1 plastic elbow on the back of one of my bus. card with
> >2 pieces of tape.  I carefully printed on the front,"PLEASE HAND CANCEL" of
> >the envelope.
> >Today she calls me and says she got the envelope, bus card with tape
> >attached, no elbow and the envelope looked like it was run over by a truck.
> >These are the things that drive you crazy about the government employees
> >and government in general.
> >James Grebe
> >R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
> >pianoman@inlink.com
> >Competency is being able to do what you claim to be able to
> >do...consistently.    Competency Rules

> Susan Kline
> P.O. Box 1651
> Philomath, OR 97370
> skline@proaxis.com
>
> "I'm glad there are at least some things somewhere that I don't have to do
> today."
>                 -- Ashleigh Brilliant

I live in the Wash. D.C. area and have worked on govt. contracts as an
engineer.  The govt. employees I worked with were just like those I met
in private industry.  Some were worthless and some were very good at
what they did.

I still do contract work for a high tech firm. Some of the employess
there are worse than the stereotypical govt. employee!

Today I had a conversation with an employee at Social Security.  She was
very helpful, polite, and even enjoyable to talk to.

Frank Cahill
Assoc Member
N. Va.