Value of Steinway K

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Tue, 26 May 1998 00:14:23 -0500

Someone wrote to me by snail mail asking about the value of their Steinway
upright.  When I was in the big city ten years ago, they were in the $1500
- 3,000 range.  I did get one for about $200 in trade, but it had been in
a fire.  Does anyone have any figures on what has sold recently?   I don't
know the condition, I assume it is playable and tunable.  I assume it has
brass rails, but correct me if wrong.
Sn 113837.  He says it "Wascompleted on March 27 1905"  He must have also
written to Steniway.
Richard Moody