Yamaha PT-100 Info Needed

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:03:55 -0500

I don't have a clue which partials it is analyzing.

However, it lists Yamaha models from the M series (small uprights) U1-U3
Series (larger uprights)
C3 Series, C5 Series and CF Series if memory serves me correctly.  Also,
there is a setting for the always popular CP Electric Grand
Series....quite a bonus...and also on e Flat (no deviation ?) listing.

The great thing about the PT100 is that a person can force the machine
and the ear to agree.  It is the best machine yet designed for
"independent aural use of a machine" in my opinion.

You never really need to learn any of the cent deviation patterns
included in the handbooks, because by merely tuning the way you usually
do, and by inforcing a rigid and gradual method (self taught and come
upon by practical experience) of minute cent deviation clicks of the
various buttons, one can readily tune in tandem with the machine, all
the while pretty much creating the tuning YOU wish to create.

I have use this type of machine (in one or more of its incarnations) for
decades, and I can tell you the FREEDOM makes it extremely artistic and
individualistic in the hands of a pro.

Ricard de La Rosa
PRO PIANO

Having said all this, I must warn you that I did not go "read the back
of one" to report the models listed.  The point is, it lists settings
that go along  pretty much with "flat deviation", small upright
deviatioans, medium through large upright deviations, small, medium and
large grand deviations.

They are Yamaha models, so one is supposed to figure out the approximate
size of the model he/she is riding, and assign it a simmilar Yamaha
model number.  Get it?